Tuesday, January 15, 2008

fleeing the country....catching up on life...

I am doing something that I never saw myself doing before: reading the autobiography of Janice Dickinson.  I have no idea what it is about her. She is so...intriguing.  The book reads like it was written by a middle-schooler, but you feel like you're right there in it all, meeting all these crazy celebrities all over the world.  It all sounds really cool.

I hope to god my life is that cool when I get through med school.  Maybe that's it- that is my thing!  I hope it is, because there's not really a whole lot else I am good at AND open to doing as a job, and Tina Fey already has the other best job in the universe, so I will have to settle for a MD. 
I have no desire whatsoever to take the LSAT.  Law school is for real geeks....or so I thought.  What the hell do you use a MAT for?  I want to take that, but what is the practicality?  I didn't know when I was a kid that I would take stuff like a ASCP board, or a MCAT, for that matter either. 

I am really excited to go to Europe.  I miss those folks so much it almost hurts knowing that I will be coming home.  But that's the way the cookie crumbles.  I am back in the real world now, so I have to get back from the ball before my glass slipper turns into a pumpkin or something. 
I realized that romantically, on a personal note that the reason that I couldn't get my last 3 year's relationships to work is mostly because I have been hung up on someone else.  That sucks!  Wow.  I have been chasing a ghost for so long that I got a message from that person for the first time in a LONG time and nearly lost it.  We have become OK email acquaintances in the meantime, but I have no idea what will come of it.  The timing, the distance, the fact that I have NOT moved on, etc... details, details...
OK that's enough personal stuff for now...
Lori, go back to work or i will tell on you... ;-)
love ya all,
Shayna

No comments:

Post a Comment