Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Greatest Gifts of the Season

This past week, I've been given more gifts than I could have ever asked for.  The repeal of DADT from the Senate (which is to be signed by the president in 3 and a half hours), my car is finally almost done (superficial, but I'm still singing the Hallelujah Chorus), and my ridiculous schoolgirl crush on the professor has dissipated in 2 seconds flat.  I'm enjoying my free-time, minus the insanity of christmas shopping.

I've already beat the dead horse to death, so to speak with the DADT thing, and how overjoyed I am that this idiotic policy is finally going away, so I'll leave that one alone for now, until something significant else happens.

The car thing seems pretty self-explanatory.  I don't know if the God or the goddesses or whatever is up there just REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted me to learn dependence and how to be still, but I've gotten the point.  Enough already, I have stuff to do.  My wings got clipped, but they've grown in nicely, thank you very much.  I'm ready to hop from the nest, once again!

Oh the last thing.  Well just to summarize it all and not sound like a complete tool, I had a huge crush on a professor this past semester.  I got over it in about three seconds, after someone showed me their wedding picture.  I can't describe it, other than to be truly happy for someone else's happiness.  I think that's how I'd define peace and joy in my life.  (Side note-most adorable couple ever.)

I almost went on a date on Monday, but alas, being sans car really screwed that one up.  I really like this one.  We met at a concert...well, outside a concert.  I'll continue that story another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment